Naomi Fowler ■ How economics ruins economies: the Tax Justice Network podcast, March 2021
- Much of the world is run on the basis of economic theories that have become accepted truths of our era. But they actually have very little evidence to back them up. This month, Naomi Fowler speaks to finance journalist and writer Tom Bergin on how economics ruins economies, and puts economists in the dock. Tom’s book, Free Lunch Thinking: how economics ruins the economy is available here.
- Plus: which nations are the world’s worst offenders for helping multinational corporations pay less tax than they should? The results of the Tax Justice Network’s Corporate Tax Haven Index 2021 are out. Read more here.
Here’s the transcript of the show (may not be 100% accurate)
- Finance journalist and writer Tom Bergin
- John Christensen of the Tax Justice Network
- Hosted and produced by Naomi Fowler of the Tax Justice Network
Download this month’s podcast onto your phone here.
Want to subscribe? Subscribe via email by contacting the Taxcast producer on naomi [at] taxjustice.net OR subscribe to the Taxcast RSS feed here OR subscribe to our youtube channel, Tax Justice TV OR find us on Acast, Spotify, iTunes or Stitcher etc. Please leave us feedback and encourage others to listen!
Join us on facebook and get our blogs into your feed.
$300bn in new tax revenues? Weighing the US intervention in global tax reform
US Treasury Secretary Yellen confirms: It’s time to end the race to the bottom on corporate tax
Capital flight from Africa: Resource Plunder and the Poisoned Paradises in Tax Havens
#BlackLivesShattered – colonialism, tax havens, and African development
A tide-turning moment in the global struggle for tax justice
Making a killing from care
New study and tool for assessing risks of illicit financial flows in Latin America
Vulnerability and exposure to illicit financial flows risk in Latin America
28 January 2021